[faith]
[hope]
[love]

Friday, April 22, 2005

doctrines, beliefs, and ideas

Broad title, specific application for today's post - which I'll get to in a minute. Finishing up a whole lot of stuff for work past couple of days, so that I can take some time off. Which means won't be blogging for a few days - when you work with computers all the time sometimes you just need a break. So with that in mind, I'll leave you with a couple of my favorite quotes...

"When are you people going to learn? It's not about who's right or wrong. No denomination's nailed it yet, and they never will because they're all too self-righteous to realize that it doesn't matter what you have faith in, just that you have faith. Your hearts are in the right place, but your brains need to wake up."

"I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. A belief's a dangerous thing, Bethany. People die for it. People kill for it."
They both come from a movie that stirred up a roiling cauldron of uproar from quite a few Christian groups. In my opinion, it's sad they reacted the way they did because it gives the appearance that they lack the ability to laugh at themselves. It was a comedy, so anything should of course be taken with a grain of salt, but even still I was able to take away a few serious tidbits that gave me something to chew on.

Brownie points to the person who can name that movie.


0 comments: