[faith]
[hope]
[love]

Saturday, July 08, 2006

eye of the storm

A bit on the melodramatic side as far as titles go, but for this time in my life a rather appropriate one. For my valued readers, an apology for the lack of content recently, I have been otherwise disposed as of late -- I've been busy. In the current, if fleetingly, moment of calm let me throw out some quick updates.

I finally started reading Emerging Churches, and all I can say so far is wow! Normally I burn through the pages of good book at a blistering rate, but this is the first book in a while that I've slowed down intentionally and have read it with pen in hand. That's right, I'm writing and notating and highlighting in a book -- something I haven't done since college. And there are stretches where I could swear I have been marking something on every page. To date, I have only read through the first 4 chapters but they are packed full of interesting material. I'll write more about it later on, either after I get through more of the book or after I finish it.

As for the reason I have been slack on the blog, the past 4 weeks I have been out of the country. I spent 2 weeks in London working on some pre-tournament setup work for Wimbledon (website stuff). After that the wife flew over the pond and we spent 5 days touring around London (including Windsor Castle and Stonehenge) and then another 5 days in Paris. We had a fabulous time, and there are some parts of the trip that I will be blogging about later as there were some really interesting spiritual things that I experienced. However, the vacation has ended and very soon work will be spinning up rapidly with another grand adventure -- the jointly authored technical book!

Cheers!

0 comments: