[faith]
[hope]
[love]

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

books and blogging

Sometimes I wonder if anyone still stops by anymore, what with my continually decreasing frequency of posts. However, for today I will not wonder and will instead get to the point.

There exists the distinct possibility that I will be published for the second time in my life, though my name will not be on the cover. I've been contacted about my participation in a blog book collaboration that I participated in, specifically it was a series of blog-type discussions about a variety of spiritual topics. I think I've mentioned it in the past: A New Kind of Conversation. Turns out they just finished editing the book, and in that process decided that some of my contributions would be included. Per the expectations that were set at the beginning of this experiment, I'll be receiving a complimentary copy of the book in return for my thoughts and writings being included. I'm fairly excited about it, especially since I had almost completely forgotten about the whole thing. The book should be up for pre-order at your favorite online booksellers (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Buy.com, etc) if you're interested. Otherwise, maybe I'll keep ye olde blog around a little longer and give you a review when I have the book in hand and read it.

On that topic, seeing as my blogging has become more and more sparse, I've been debating about officially closing up this shop; maybe take an archival copy for my own writing bag of tricks, post one last piece and move on to something else. Lately, it just seems no matter how much I try to slow my life down, things get more complicated and my schedule fills up leaving very little time for much else. I haven't decided, and maybe I never will, but I don't know that this little blog will get back to the type of content and purpose that it had at the beginning for quite some time. But then again, maybe that's not such a bad thing...

3 comments:

June 02, 2007 3:00 PM , jeremy:

I hear ya. I tried to do some blogging over at Free Software Magazine and... well, life just gets in the way. If you do decide to end it, good luck to ya!

 

July 04, 2007 11:08 AM , Debi:

I totally understand. I have my own spurts and dry spells with blogging. If you do decide to close down this blog, I'll miss you. It's been nice conversing with you over the years ... and I wish you all the best. You've inspired me in your posts and have been a blessing to me.

God Bless you!!
-Debi

 

September 30, 2007 8:16 PM , Debi:

Hey Jamie -

I guess you've finally decided to stop blogging. (I stopped by to see if there was anything new here.) Have you started a new blog somewhere else?

BTW, I've moved mine. If you're interested, it's now at www.dgerbino.wordpress.com. Please say "hi" if you do stop by.

Blessings,
-Debi