[faith]
[hope]
[love]

Thursday, June 16, 2005

emergent in thought

So there's this quiz/evaluation floating around out on the Internet that many of the blogs I read have mentioned. Supposedly it takes your answers to a bunch of questions and determines your best fit theological world view, it was pretty interesting, though I think some of the questions hit grey area.

You scored as Emergent/Postmodern. You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.

Emergent/Postmodern
86%
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
68%
Classical Liberal
64%
Modern Liberal
50%
Neo orthodox
50%
Roman Catholic
36%
Charismatic/Pentecostal
32%
Reformed Evangelical
14%
Fundamentalist
4%

What's your theological worldview?

So apparently I am not just waving my flag under the newest theological fad, and I really do think differently (some would call it "liberal" or "post-modern"). Although I do like the idea of being able to label myself somewhat, in case someone were to ask me such a loaded question, I'd almost rather not be categorized at all. Afterall, the labels we apply are based on the trivial differences we see each in other, which then give us a reason (however misguided it is) to alienate, separate, and promote a superior/inferior attitude.

0 comments: