[faith]
[hope]
[love]

Saturday, November 26, 2005

holiday cheer

Sometimes it takes a lot, sometimes it takes very little; the spirit of holidays is quirky like that. Watching the stampede at retail stores on the news during Black Friday shopping steals my holiday spirit. Is getting that $400 computer for $150 really worth trampling some unlucky woman when the doors open and she stumbles? My faith in the common sense and intelligence of the "general public" is severely shattered when I read the reports of parents berating store managers because the hot new toy or gadget is sold out, but then turn around and are willing to pay exorbitantly inflated prices on ebay rather than wait.

But then again, despite the overwhelmingly discouraging news of all these kinds of holiday-induced selfishness, a little snow and seeing my wife prancing about and singing or humming bits of Christmas songs warms my heart and brings a smile to my face.

I hope the beginning of your holiday season starts a time of joyous reunion with family, friends, and loved ones.

0 comments: