[faith]
[hope]
[love]

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

cope on homosexuality

Mike Cope (PreacherMike - Homosexuality) has an excellently written, well thought out and researched post on homosexuality and how we as Christians are in many cases not living out the kingdom when it comes to gays and lesbians. I highly recommend reading it if you haven't already. My wife and I, along with many of our friends, have sought to be loving and accepting of this highly ostracized community -- but as Christians, remembering that our acceptance of their orientation is not an endorsement of sexual behavior that does not honor marriage (Hebrews 13).

Cheers!

2 comments:

April 17, 2006 12:23 PM , Will Spina:

Thanks for sharing this and pointing this out. I was very pleased to see what was written on Mike Cope's Blog. I am going to be posting a link to it on mine as well. (If I can figure out how to do that-I'm relatively new at it). This is one of the most well done treatments of this controversial subject matter I have ever seen by any one in the church. I have had the same conclusions for some time and have been sharing the same admonitions with my bretheren.

 

April 24, 2006 10:43 AM , Anonymous:

James,

Very insightful and well written article from Mike Cope and an eye opener as well. It really goes to the heart of what it is to be a Christian on both sides. It also reminds me a little of the book "A New Kind of Christian" from the point of view of a person having thoughts and ideas outside the norm and no one to share with for fear of being ostracized. Obvioulsy this topic is much more controversial. Seems there may be a more universal and general theme here - namely that there are many people who don't share their ideas with others for fear of being ostracized. What does this say about mankind in general? Are we really so judgemental and exclusionary or is it that we are afraid of anything or anyone that is different? On the other side do we remain silent just to avoid being ostracized or left out? Is need to be a part of a group that strong? Thoughts to ponder.