[faith]
[hope]
[love]

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

tired, not dead

Been a while since I've posted anything of interest, but I wanted to post something. For the moment, I can say that I am anxiously awaiting my replacement copy of Brian McLaren's The Secret Message of Jesus. I say replacement copy because the one I ordered apparently decided to leave out chapters 14-16 in favor of a reprinting of chapters 3-7. But no harm, no foul; a fresh copy should be zipping its way through the mail to my door, passing the one-off copy I mailed back along the way. As a preview to a review I will be doing, let me just say everything I've read so far has been excellent. I may be somewhat of a McLaren fanboy at times, but to be quite frank I've yet to read a book of his that hasn't caused me to stop, think, and re-evaluate my spiritual life and faith in general -- and I mean that in a positive way.

On other fronts, I am exploring brand new territory in my life. I am actively brainstorming material on being a missional church for public co-presentation with a friend in September. And when I say missional think along the lines of emerging, relational, communal, post-postmodern, and active. Strangely enough, I've also been compiling some material on my own on some other topics that I am mulling over -- whether they will become blog content or something else entirely, I don't know yet. All I do know, is that no matter how tired I get from doing my normal, everyday stuff (you know, that career of mine that I enjoy), I always seem to have the energy to churn through these new ideas in my head. Now taking that and putting it down on paper (or digital document as the case may be), that takes a little more effort and a little planning...

2 comments:

April 26, 2006 10:10 AM , Will Spina:

His book, "A Generous Orthodoxy", is also interesting. I will have to check this one out sometime.

 

May 03, 2006 4:08 PM , Mike Lewis:

My friend James G. had this same problem.