[faith]
[hope]
[love]

Friday, June 09, 2006

intriguing world of video and marketing

I came across some interesting things today that I decided I needed to take the time to share, and share my thoughts. So without any further ado...

Healing, Sick and Dying Churches
"Perhaps local churches aren't meant to last forever, but the universal Church is, and so it will continue growing in some way."
I really like this article for the main reason that it highlights the facts that:

  1. church growth does NOT correlate directly to church health.
  2. church decline does NOT always have to be a negative experience.

A New Law
A rather poignant music video by Derek Webb, thanks to Matt Ritchie for the link. At first I thought that the main thrust was "a new law" from a political point of view, meaning the tug of war between Republican and Democratic influence on our nation's laws; some of which remove our need to think and see for ourselves. However, as I continued watching I started to see another aspect -- a new Law, as in give me a new set of guidelines in the tradition of The Law and Prophets, that I can follow blindly without having to think about how my faith can truly be an impact (good or bad) for my life and those around me.

Dance Monkey, Dance!
An eye opening look at humanity, link courtesy of Rev Dan of Outchurched. Warning, the content of this video could be offensive to some viewers. Not offensive because of language, explicit content, or other stereotypical content that gets labeled as questionable, but rather this could be offensive because it smacks you in the face with ideas you may find uncomfortable. It is not funny, it is not scary, and it is not inspirational; it is, however, insightful...

Enjoy!

1 comments:

June 19, 2006 12:59 AM , preacherman:

Good comments.
I enjoyed reading your blog.
Look forward to reading more posts.