[faith]
[hope]
[love]

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

quick and uninspired for today

One would think that after a weekend encompassing Star Wars and a birthday that I would be brimming with things to say. However, that is decidedly not the case, at least for the moment anyway.

Took in Episode 3 on Saturday with some friends, and I must say that it was everything I hoped it would be. I would add my additional plug that says - see it in a digital theater, none of this traditional film foolery. The extremely crisp images and full digital THX surround sound (the kind that shakes the theater during explosions and whatnot) makes the experience complete. I will go see the movie again, and while I had thought perhaps I would go to a regular theater the second time around, I might forgo that and head for the digital again so as not to ruin my perceptions. I will now await the release of Episode 3 on DVD so that I can watch it over and over, and have my own Star Wars marathons spanning all 6 movies.

As for the birthday, another year, a little older. I try not to let it phase me, since though I see myself edging ever closer to 30 and feeling the effects of my youth dwindling, those who are in their 30's edging closer to 40 see me as young. Age and aging is a relative thing, you are always too old or too young, "from a certain point of view."

I suppose the gloomy weather that we've been having could be part of my lack of vibrant, inspired thought. Closing in on the end of May and having only hit the 70's for a short stretch back in April is kind of a depressing thought. Not to mention the constant bombardment of rain, hopefully June will turn out to be a sunnier, warmer month. While I do consider myself a bit of a cold weather person, I do enjoy a beautiful, warm, sunny day - it's usually those oppressively hot, humid days that get to me. Well, back to the daily grind, maybe something will happen to brighten my day a bit.

0 comments: