[faith]
[hope]
[love]

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

quick links - not so quick reads

So before I get to another more lengthy update, here are some links to some excellent articles/blog-posts that I've come across recently.

Conversation about Walter Rauschenbusch - Brian McLaren
David Evans is a brilliant emerging theologian, African American, currently working with the Mennonite Central Committee and soon to begin PhD work in American religious history. He and I had lunch recently and talked about Walter and the social gospel, Anabaptism, civil religion, and other topics. He sent me this reflection after our most recent lunch which I thought was worth sharing. He gave me permission to post it here. If you'd like to email him for further dialogue, his email is . - Brian

First Corinthians circa 2005 - Patrick Mead
Be a part of God's blizzard. By yourself you're, well, just a flake.

Opening the Gift of Time - Jason Clark
Let me ask the question I hope you'll post an answer to as a comment, before you read below? How are you finding ways to subvert the rhythm of our consumer culture? Here are some of my ways and thoughts.

Enjoy!

0 comments: