[faith]
[hope]
[love]

Monday, May 08, 2006

sacred space prayer

This weekend as I quickly reviewed my frequently visited blogs, I saved one in particular for revisiting today (I tend to spend very little time on the computer on weekends when possible). Matt Ritchie posted a link to the Sacred Space website, a prayer site produced by the Irish Jesuits, and mentioned how he found it was a great way to dedicate about 10 minutes to prayer and meditation with God everyday. The simplest and most direct way I can describe it is, it works. And as my more recent deeply spiritual experiences have shown me, it works extremely well. This morning alone, sitting down and going through the guided prayer and meditation helped me find an answer to a question I didn't even ask, gave me a feeling of lightness and refreshment, and probably imparted a bit of what I might call emotional cleansing.

Prayer is powerful, sometimes we forget that and sometimes we forget how much it helps to lean on that power. Check it out -- Sacred Space Prayer for Today

Peace be with you...

0 comments: