[faith]
[hope]
[love]

Monday, January 09, 2006

keeping a lid on good news

Have you ever had really great news that you were just dying to share, but for whatever reason you were forced to not reveal it until some time later? Did it just eat away at you everyday wanting to shout to every person you know that you had great news, and it had nothing to do with car insurance? Sometimes I wonder if that's what Jesus' young adult life was like - having great news and knowing that no matter how much he wanted to share it with everyone, the time for him to share it would not be right for many years. I may never be in a situation to have information that could not be disseminated for years to come, but I've known what its like to have to keep a lid on something for a few months. Just those few months are usually filled with mixed emotions: joy and happiness concerning the information itself, and yet depression or frustration that I had to wait to share it. In these matters, patience is a precious virtue and vision is a necessity. Typically the information is not the problem, but rather the timing of its release that is of primary concern.

My heart sings everyday with the blessing I have received and those I look forward to in the future. Some things I share, some I never will, and some are shared in due time.

0 comments: