[faith]
[hope]
[love]

Thursday, February 16, 2006

finding unity through faith

I found an excellent article on unity in New Wineskins this morning, and I just had to share it.
Unity through Simplicity: A Future of Peace -- Chuck Monan

The entire article is worth the read, but while I could snip out many bits and pieces to share, I decided on just these two for now.

"We live at a time when many people are asking: what is faith? Faith is a simple trust in God, an indispensable surge of trusting undertaken countless times over in the course of our life."
-- Brother Roger Schutz, speaking about young people in their searching, praying, and doubting in life.

"He possessed something that we desperately lack: a love for one another; a desire to be together; a determination to be unified despite some of the differences of opinion and perspective that we have."
-- Chuck Monan, speaking about Brother Roger and the churches of Christ.

As a final bit of intrigue, for some reason that my brain refuses to clear up for me, I think I've met Chuck before. While I've never been to the church he currently speaks at, his picture and his name ring a bell but I can't quite put it all into context. My best guess at the moment would be that I met him while in college somehow.

Anyway, I highly recommend that you check out the article.

0 comments: